Christian camps use the most effective means to reach the most receptive hearts. The means are trained counselors who love Jesus ministering through the authority of their local church in a safe place removed from distraction. The receptive hearts are the children. At no other time in life, statistically speaking, does one so easily grasp what God so freely gives as when they are a child. We think that the combination of camp and kids is a winner!
Camp is Strategic in Latin America, and Elsewhere
- Dinho Pereira, veteran camping leader in Brazil, says Christian camps attract youth who are not permitted by their religious background to attend evangelical churches.
- Bessy Maccuta, CCI/Latin American camping instructor in Honduras, sees camping as a special tool for the church to heal wounds inflicted by broken families and society.
Camp Trains Leaders
- A camp counselor is a leader in the making. Camps are ideal nurturing environments for developing leaders for church and society.
- A survey commissioned by CCI/USA noted that more than half the people in full-time Christian ministry today had made life-changing decisions at camp. Many not only gave their lives to Jesus Christ at camp, but learned their leadership/ministry skills there as well.
Who is Camps International?
Concisely put…We start camps and train counselors to use them.
We saw a need…Camps International was organized believing that a culturally adapted camp facility and program would bring lasting benefit to children, their families and churches. There are many children living in large cities around the world with no access to the incredible influence of a Christian camp experience. We are working to change that.
The result…Camps International (CI) assists local talent to start Christ-centered camps in places where there are none. We train counselors to accomplish outreach ministry for their church.
CI creates Christian counselor-centered autonomous camps that use a small group ministry focus before, during and after the camp event.
Camps International exists to facilitate the formation of Christian- youth-camp settings in the nations of the world, wherein these camp settings provide opportunities for the telling of the Good News of Jesus Christ.
We believe that camping can assist church and family and thereby impact societies and cultures. In order to serve church and family we seek to uphold the authority and structure unique to each unit as it conforms to Scripture. We value the giftings and talents given to individuals and the institutions they form. We therefore strive to equip those who are entrusted to us so that they can best use camp as a tool to further their God given calling.
Our calling is to provide camp settings for people, especially youth, in which trained leaders facilitate directed learning experiences that relate creation and Christ.
Our intention is to glorify God by aiding individuals, families, organizations and local churches in presenting the Word of God to the needs of individuals through a trained staff within the environment of camping. We are determined to be about facilitating people in ministry, bringing people to Jesus and drawing people toward Christ-like maturity.
In essence we of Camps International believe that God gave the Bible, which reveals Jesus Christ as His son. People are created in God’s image, though humanity is now corrupt and distanced from God. God’s reaction to our self-ambition and mistrust was reconciliation at the cost of a special human blood sacrifice, namely Jesus Christ. This willing Jesus was born perfect, lived a perfect life, died on a Roman cross, came to life again, proved it and ascended to heaven to retake his position as the Son of God. God desires us to come to the knowledge of the truth and to have an eternal relationship with Him. Therefore, repentance, faith, love and obedience are fitting responses to God’s initiative of grace towards us. The Holy Spirit’s power is demonstrated in and through those who receive the provision of Jesus. We believe that sanctification, holiness and the overcoming life are God’s design for His people, the Church. With God’s enabling we as Christians are commissioned by Jesus to go and make disciples in all the nations.
Confession of Faith and Biblical Standards (with scripture references) (March, 2005)
- We believe the Bible (the Holy Scriptures of the Old and the New Testaments: God’s revealed word to man) to be unique, inspired by the Holy Spirit and the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. The Scriptures are all-sufficient, trust-worthy and the supreme final authority as guide to salvation and for faith, worship, service, and practice.(II Peter 1:20, 21; II Timothy 3:16, 17; I Thessalonians 2:13)
- We believe that there is one and only one true and living God, who is self-existent, the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit.(Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10, 11; Jeremiah 10:10; Galatians 3:13; II Corinthians 13:14)
- We believe God is the first cause and constant sustainer of life and creation, omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. He is glorified by the whole of creation and is worthy to be loved and served by all. He is the only proper object of worship.(Genesis 1:1; Job 34:14-15; Jeremiah 10:10; Hebrew 1:3; Psalm 147:5; I Corinthians 2:10; Psalm 139:7; Psalms 90:2; Job 42:2; Psalms 19:1, 2; Revelation 4:11; Exodus 34:14)
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious death on the cross for our sins and atonement through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present priestly ministry and everlasting dominion, and in His imminent personal future return to the earth in power and glory.(I Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:2, 3; Isaiah 7:14; I Peter 2:22; John 10:32; Hebrews 2:9; Romans 3:25, 26; Matthew 28:6; Mark 14:62; Revelation 1:7; Daniel 7:14)
- We believe the Holy Spirit knows, guides, moves, gives information, commands, forbids, sends forth, reproves, gives differing spiritual gifts as He chooses, and can be sinned against.(I Corinthians 2:11; John 16:13-15; Genesis 1:2; Acts 10:19; Acts 13:2; Acts 16:6; Acts 13:4; John 16:8; I Corinthians 12:4; Mark 3:29; Acts 7:51; Ephesians 4:30)
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that man is a triune being of spirit, soul, and body, that man sinned, and thereby incurred, not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God.(Genesis 1:26; Genesis 3:1-6, 16-19, 22; Psalm 51:5)
- We believe that none by virtue of any natural goodness and mere work of their own can become the children of God.(Ecclesiastes 7:29; John 6:44; Romans 5:12-21; I Corinthians 2:14)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, son of God and the son of Man, came into the world to save men from the guilt and condemnation of sin; that He died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that by God’s grace all who believe in Him by faith are justified on the ground of His shed blood.(John 3:16-18; Hebrews 9:15, 22; Hebrews 10:10)
- We believe that all who receive, by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and only thereby become children of God. Inward evidence, to the believer, of salvation, is the direct witness of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit’s indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. The outward evidence of all who have received salvation is a life of unconditional love, righteousness and holiness, demonstrated by the fruit of the Spirit. The Christian life is exemplary of the teachings found in the New Testament. The Holy Spirit’s regeneration and sanctifying power reproduces the life of Jesus Christ in and through each obedient believer that they might be able to minister their gifts and talents for the building up of the Body of Christ. We believe in the keeping power of God. The final result of salvation is the spirit of the believer who dies in Christ goes to be with the Lord.(Romans 10:9, 10; John 3:3, 5; II Thessalonians 2:13; Ephesians 1:4,5; Hebrews 10:15; Romans 15:13, 15; I Corinthians 12:11; I Corinthians 6:19; I Peter 1:2; Romans 5:5; Romans 14:17; I Thessalonians 4:3, 4; Galatians 5:22; I Peter 2:5, 9; I Corinthians 6:11; Romans 5:5; I Corinthians 12:4, 7, 11; Psalm 106:43-46; John 5:24)
- We believe that sexual purity is a necessary expression for all of God’s children and requires abstinence from adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality, or other sexual relationships or practices forbidden by Scripture.(Hebrews 13:4; I Corinthians 6:18; Leviticus 18:1-30)
- We believe that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime and is a sacred institution established by God.(Matthew 19:4-6)
- We believe that since mankind is created in God’s image, human life is of inestimable worth and significance in all its dimensions, from conception to the grave.(Genesis 1:27; Psalm 139:13, 14)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and peace, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal punishment and regret.(John 5:28, 29; Revelation 20:15)
- We believe we have social obligation to our family, community and the world to share the Gospel and the healing it brings as the absolute answer to man’s total needs. We believe in evangelistic and missionary fervor and endeavor.(Matthew 25:34-40; Isaiah 58:7, 8; Matthew 19:21; James 1:27; Mark 9:41; Deuteronomy 28:1-14; Proverbs 3:4; Hebrews 6:10-12; I Peter 2:24; II Corinthians 5:17- 21; Matthew 28:19, 20; Mark 16:15-18)
Generic Definition of Camp
A sustained experience which provides a creative, recreational and educational opportunity in group living in the out-of-doors. It utilizes trained leadership and the resources of the natural surroundings to contribute to each camper’s mental, physical, social and spiritual growth. (from ACA)
What is a Camps International Camp?
…The place to be when school is out.
…An opportunity for the counselor to develop interpersonal skills. Camps International (CI) camp training demonstrates to counselors how they can be an encouragement to kids. Pre-camp counselor training is a priority to ensure the maximum use of the program and facilities as they relate to the development of youth.
…Fun and adventure to the young person. CI camps offer diverse activities
for ages 9-16. Depending on location, there are sports and activities such as kayaking, leather craft, go-kart, projectiles, stilts, and time for the classics like marbles, chess, soccer, and volleyball.
…A safe place for mom and dad to send their child. CI is intent on providing intense purpose filled team building that will positively reinforce family life.
…A journey that pastors and other community leaders want young people to experience. Both counselors and campers alike learn helpful skills that will contribute to home, church, school, and the work place. The CI camp environment promotes awareness of God, manners, patience, sensitivity to nature, gratefulness, self confidence, and determination.